Wednesday, July 8, 2015

How Good Do You Want To Be?! #savmp #kidsdeserveit

This quote came across my Twitter stream a few months ago and I grabbed the image. I've gone back to it a few times but haven't had the mojo to blog anything significant until now.


First off, I searched Marissa Mayer to validate the quote. I have a feeling lots of quotes that come through Twitter may not be authentic????

My search brought me to a 2011 Huffington Post article that was intriguing, this is where I connected the mojo, validated the quote and decided to blog! 

The article was talking about 'Girl Geeks' and why there aren't more women in technology. There have been countless articles written on this topic and hopefully many of the newer programs/organizations out there are helping to address this.

What really grabbed me and connected the dots from the quote above, is what Marissa says below. 

 "I wanted to work at Google because the smartest people were there" 

Dot connection - Working in an environment where you feel supported - trusted - believed in and part of the team, will pay dividends beyond belief. 

Also surround yourself with people (like the quote) who want to be the best for kids - work the hardest - care the most and do whatever it takes! When the team is on the same page, has the same goals and working in conjunction together, you have a stronger outcome. 

I always ask candidates at interviews 'how they are going to make us better?' The status quo won't get you anywhere, that's what happened yesterday. We have to move forward with the best players on the field and in the dugout, make it happen for kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment