Friday, February 20, 2015

Why Team Kid #YourEdustory #savmp #teamkid

Prompt: "People don't buy WHAT you do, they buy WHY you do it" Simon Sinek - Why do you do what you do?

When I met my wife three years ago one of the first things she told me was that she appreciated I had a 'helper' job. That thought never had occurred to me before and growing my dad taught 2nd/3rd grade so being around kids and supporting them was just second nature.

Now in my fifth year of administration, this blog topic has much more reflective power. Being a Principal is.......fun, exhausting, impactful, challenging, time consuming, maddening at times, so extremely rewarding and I don't want to leave the job to someone else.

There have been MANY times throughout my twelve year career in education when I've thought about leaving and exploring new endeavors. Those thoughts come and then they quickly fade, because education is where I belong.
The saying 'Team Kid' is the core of our belief system at John Swett Elementary and that's the reason I do what I do, to support kids in this challenging journey of life!


Past three years of our yearly theme with Team Kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment