Leaders should also have the high-five responsibility as well. High-fives help people to smile - to get motivated - to turn a negative morning at home into a positive day at school - maybe it's just what a kid needs to know that someone cares about them!
1. Stand in front of your school during morning drop-off and first greet all the kids as they get out of their cars or walk onto campus.
2. Put your hand-up and give just one child a high-five with a motivating good morning or have a great day!
3. Other kids that are around you will smile and naturally gravitate towards you for the same interaction! An awesome high-five is like a magnet, people are pulled in with the energy!
(Please note - some students may be nervous at first, especially if this hasn't been the culture at your school. Once they see a few kids get after it, they ALL follow that lead)
4. Beware - parents love high-fives too and will get in on the action! This is one of my favorite parts of a high-five morning, put a smile on an adults face as well!
5. Don't be stingy with the high-fives, make this your morning routine! If you have an early meeting, try to find a teacher that will take your place, don't be the only one giving out high-fives!
Give. Out. Lots. Of. High. Fives.