Friday, March 6, 2015

Be True to Yourself #savmp #teamkid

I was super excited to read Gaston by Kelly DiPucchio as my March book to our John Swett classes! Starting yesterday and reading much of today and next week the student/teacher reviews so far have been phenomenal!



This is actually the first book I've read to classes where I've been able to talk in a French accent, which the kids LOVED! Our Student of the Month theme for March is Friendship and we had some great discussions in class about being true to yourself, which I feel is woven throughout the story. 

1st grader yesterday - "Mr. Welcome, if I try to be someone that I'm not, I won't find good friends to hang out with."

Yes!

Read Gaston for yourself, it's a great story to spark conversation and also make you smile!

Purchase Gaston here....

Follow Kelly DiPucchio on Twitter here....

Some Gaston Tweets from yesterday!











No comments:

Post a Comment