Without even looking up an official definition for 'collaboration' it's really simple for me to find a relevant example! Yesterday at John Swett we had our first annual Anchor Chart Party with almost our entire staff and some teachers/TSAs from other districts.
Fully the brain child of @mwatkins0913 and I was so extremely excited with the idea, as we're in year two of Writers Workshop and trying so hard to build the work. We're also submitting applications today for six of our teachers to attend the August Writing Institute in NY! (please say yes TCRWP!)
A few 'must haves' for any anchor chart party!
- Mr. Sketch markers
- big anchor chart paper, my staff prefers the self-adhesive kind
- extra folding tables to work
- really great music
- grahm crackers
- Pinterest - so many amazing resources for educators
- awesome TSAs like @r75rnee1 who I also consider a friend - recommends https://chartchums.wordpress.com/ for resources!
- energy, excitement, passion for kids writing, Twitter, cameras
- what happened yesterday at John Swett was true teacher collaboration
- see all the Tweets from yesterday here, and more photos below!
Kicking off with super brief intro!
Proudly displaying their work!
@NikDonnellyJSE - How to Writing!
Go @mlastrico go, love the Robot!
I want to write about Octopus!
@NikDonnellyJSE almost done
Not quite done, need to check out the finished product!
My staff loves Pinterest, check them out for great ideas!
Selfie w/ @KairrieA
Selfie w/ @megandenny