Monday, January 5, 2015

One Word #youredustory #savmp

'Team'

My blogging in 2014 has been pretty consistent and always a great reflective practice. Looking back to my pre-husband/father/principal days, I had a fun little blog about my cycling life and would post daily if not multiple times a day. 

Life has sure changed and I'm excited to participate with Jo-Ann Fox and #YourEdustory blogging challenge this year. 

My One Word has to be Team

- We can't do our work without a team
- We're so much stronger for kids if we're a team.
- We need a team to get through those difficult days.
- It's so much more fun to celebrate success when you have a team!
- We're always trying to strengthen the home/school team to be stronger for our kids, definitely a goal at John Swett Elementary in 2015. 

#teamkid and a new blogging challenge, thanks for the inspiration Jo-Ann!



2 comments:

  1. I have always found your #teamkid theme inspiring and challenging, so it comes to no surprise to me that your one word is "team." All of your bullet points make complete sense, yet we as educators can tend to let those simple ideas about a team slip away and try to do things on our own. I think by having team as your overlaying theme in all that you do for your staff and students, that will continue to make you a successful admin and school. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice, Adam! I know how much I love working with a team, yet alone with my students in my classroom for most of my day, it is too easy to be teamless. I appreciate your challenge to seek out and grow with my many teams - at school and online.

    ReplyDelete