Saturday, July 23, 2011

Professional Development - An Idea I Like

As an Administrator and Educational Technology advocate, I'm always looking for effective professional development ideas, and I've found An Idea I Like. There was an article in the NY Times that I found quite interesting.

The Relay Graduate School of Education is a new teacher preparation program in NY state, and the only program where there are NO classes, all learning takes place in the field. I do feel there is still a place for some professional development to take place in a classroom setting....but I also strongly feel that classroom observations are more important.

We had six different principal/teacher teams visit my school site last year to talk about technology and observe. The comments we had after the visit were very positive.

What are some of your professional development ideas or strategies to bring your staff/colleagues to the next level?

No comments:

Post a Comment