There's real power in ten minutes!
You may think ten minutes is overrated? You can't get much done? You'll take a few minutes to breath and hang out in your office.
I say you're wrong. Ten minutes is an enormous amount of time. You can get a ton done in five minutes. When I was at Officer School in Quantico, Virginia we'd have 90 seconds to complete most tasks. If they gave us three minutes to do something it felt like an eternity.
I bring up the idea of ten minutes because each minute a Principal is in their office, finishing paperwork, not being seen by kids, not interacting with teachers, not connecting with the curriculum, it's missed opportunities to connect with kids.
Simple challenge -
- See how many classrooms you can visit in ten minutes.
- How many pictures you can take and share with your school community as you visit in just ten minutes.
- How many high-fives you can give out in ten minutes.
- How many kids you can talk with in ten minutes.
- How many teachers you can check in with in just ten minutes.
- How many Google Docs you can have kids share with you in ten minutes.
- How many basketball shots can you take in ten minutes at recess.
- How many positive phone calls you can make home to parents in ten minutes.
- How many probing questions you can ask kids in ten minutes.
- How many kids you can make smile in ten minutes.
You can do it, make it happen, go be awesome for kids!