Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer Homework - I Kind of Like the Idea

Summer Homework is an Idea I Kind of Like....sort of. There was a good post on one of my favorite blogs called, Motherlode, about summer homework and the positive/negative effects it has on children, parents, educational growth, etc.


I really like the idea of Summer Activities.....ie: reading, writing letters to family members, writing a blog, watching educational videos on Brain Pop, watching TED Talks.....


I don't like the idea of Summer Packets, and stressful work loads for kids and parents. Summer was originally designed as a break so kids could help their parents on the farm, and that obviously doesn't happen in most households, but an academic break of some type is a good notion.


Thoughts? Ideas? Strategies?

No comments:

Post a Comment